Atmosphere V1.0.0

Shimmering Atmosphere..

Many many many versions; first I did a version with particles covering the whole planet but I didn't use any color transparency so it didn't look good at all and it was a payload for the computer.

Next step was to just place particles where the camera could see them and leave the rest blank to save computer CPU & GPU but I couldn't make it happen because the camera's view wasn't giving the right coordinates needed to make them follow the camera rotations.

So I made a whole where the light is coming in and let the particle hole always follow the light source while it's rotating around the planet, this was instead of letting them following the camera view around. This way I saved some GPU and CPU because I didn't have to fill upp the hole too with particles.

Here's the final version with a shimmering atmosphere that is surrounding the planet, version 1.0.0



Might be hard to see in the .gif but it is nice in game!

I'll be coming back to the atmosphere filling a little bit more some other time.
Now I'll move on with the next task which I don't know what it is right now but you'll find out.

Bye for now..

Kommentarer