Now they can avoid rocks too

Now they will find the height of free travel..

First I've added so that the entities can avoid each other; today I've finished adding an algorithm for avoiding rocks and all sorts of static obstacles.

Before I'm letting a vehicle travel to the destination point I'm checking the path quick and dirty, to see if there are any static obstacles in that path. The algorithm will find the highest obstacle in the path and add that height to the vehicles lift off, so that they will be free from crashing into static things on the way to their destinations.

This would have been simple if the game arena would have been flat but it is darn round/spherical which makes it harder for me to calculate when the path is bent in all sort of directions.

Well, here's a new gif that will show you my point of view, click it and cry a happy tear with me :)


Like I said, they are avoiding the rock by adding more height to the lift off to be cleared from crashing into it on the way to the destination.

I've changed the speed of the lift off and the landing after I've made this gif so that they are moving faster now.

There will be sound effects later too but one thing at a time.

See you..


Kommentarer